Clipper® BM-2 - 4.33" x 4.33" Battery Gauge with 200A Shunt
The BM-2 is designed to monitor performance of 12 volt lead acid battery systems with capacities of up to 600 Amp hours. It is supplied complete with a precision 200 AMP shunt and a prefabricated cable assembly to enable simple DIY installation. The unit continuously monitors voltage, current (charge or discharge), number of amp/hours (charge or discharge), the batteries state of charge and the time to charge or discharge. This information leads to more efficient use of the battery, which can enhance battery life and reduce the risk of failure.
The minimum information required to monitor the state of charge of a battery is the terminal voltage and the charge/discharge current **. The BM2 measures both these parameters and computes the state of charge using a complex, well proven, algorithm.
A simple and intuitive display shows the service battery voltage, charge/discharge current, state of charge, and time to charge/discharge. The instrument also warns the user when the charge level is too low so that load can be shed or charging commenced to protect the battery. A resettable Amp Hour counter is provided for checking the efficiency of the charging system or keeping a track of power consumption and a second input lets the user monitor the voltage of the starter batter. The simple display format does not mean the internal software is unsophisticated. In fact two separate algorithms are used. One based on integrating amp hours over the charge and discharge cycle, the second based on an adaptive internal mathematical battery model.
A unique feature of the BM2 is its ability to use information from both algorithms, during the charge/discharge cycles, to continually update its performance. This means that, unlike many other systems that rely solely on amp hour integration, the NASA Marine BM2 never needs to be re-synchronized with the battery. The algorithm includes Peukert's equation to ensure accuracy over a wide range of load currents.
The BM2 does all this whist consuming a meagre one and a half milliamps. It is a true battery monitor, easy to install and excellent value for money.
This product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.
- High contrast LCD, backlit for night viewing
- Minimum voltage visual alarm
- Simple operation - 4 keys to select backlight
- Volt/Amp/State of Charge screen
- AMP hours or Time to run
- Supply voltage: 8-16 volts DC
- Supply current: 1.5 milliamps
- Battery capacities: 5-600 AMP Hour
- Load Current: 199 Amps Max
- Charge Current: 199 Amps Max
- Shunt: Standard 50 millivolt @ 200 Amp
- 200 Amp shunt link to M8 Ring terminal.
- 5 meter from display unit to battery - fused and fitted with ring terminals for shunt, fuse holder, and M8 ring terminal to battery.
- Standard 110m squre clipper case. High contrast LCD, backlit for night viewing.
- Minimum voltage visual alarm
- Simple operation: 4 keys to select backlight, Volt/Amp/State of charge screen, AMP hours or time to run.