Gain an entirely new view of your vessel's mechanical system with the FLIR AX8 thermal monitoring camera. Combining thermal and visible cameras in a small, affordable package, the AX8 integrates with Raymarine multifunction displays (MFDs) and sends audible and visual alerts when the temperature of machine parts rise above preset thresholds.
Keep a watchful eye on such critical equipment as engines, exhaust manifolds, and shaft bearings and spot problems before they leave you stranded on the water. And FLIR's exclusive MSXr imaging blends visible and thermal images for more detailed imagery that is easier to understand.
Spot Potential Problems Before They Happen
State-of-the-art thermal monitoring of engines and onboard machinery. Powered by Lepton, FLIR's most advanced micro thermal camera. Exclusive Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging (MSX®) for easy-to-understand thermal imagery.
On Board Thermal Alarming & Visual Analysis
Stream live thermal video of exhaust manifolds, propeller shafts, electrical panels, and other machinery. Program specific areas to generate automated spot alarms when temperatures exceed pre-set thresholds. Evaluate ongoing temperature trends. Help avoid costly repairs and unwanted breakdowns.
View thermal, visible, and MSX video imagery on Raymarine LightHouse IIT MFDs. Continuous thermal monitoring with audible and visual alarms across the Raymarine network. Connect up to eight AX8 cameras using Ethernet.
View and record thermal video and snapshots from any Raymarine display on the network. Easy setup and alarm programming with a PC and web browser.
SPOT POTENTIAL PROBLEMS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN
FLIR's Exclusive Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging (MSX®) creates thermal imaging that is easier to understand.
THERMAL ALARMING AND VISUAL ANALYSIS
Program specific areas to generate automated spot alarms when temperatures exceed pre-set thresholds.
View thermal, visible, and MSX video imagery on Raymarine LightHouse II™ MFDs.
- Alarm Functions Automatic alarms on any selected measurement function. A maximum of 5 alarms can be set
- Alarm Output Digital Out, store image, file sending (ftp), email (smtp), notification
- Camera size (L x W x H) 54 x 25 x 79 mm (2.1 x 1 x 3.1 in.) w/o connectors; 54 x 25 x 95 mm (2.1 x 1 x 3.7 in.) w/ connectors
- Detector Type Focal Plane Array (FPA) Uncooled Microbolometer
- File Formats Jpeg + FFF
- Image Storage Mode IR, Visual, MSX
- Multifunction Displays Network compatible with Raymarine LightHouse II multifunction displays
- Packaging Infrared camera with lens, printed documentation, user documentation CD-ROM, cooling/mounting plate, POE injector, Camera PoE Cable, Raymarine RayNet Ethernet cable
- Packaging Size 210 x 142 x 70 mm (8.27 x 5.59 x 2.76 in.)
- Web interface Yes
CONNECTIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
- Ethernet Control, result and image
- Ethernet Connector Type M12 8-pin X-coded
- Ethernet Power Power over Ehternet, PoE IEEE 802.3as class 0
- Ethernet Protocols Ehternet/IP, Modbus TCP, TCP, UDP, SNTP, RTSP, RTP, HTTP, ICMP, IGMP, SFTP, SMTP, SMB (CIFS), DHCP, MDNS (Bonjour)
- Ethernet Standard IEEE 802.3
- Ethernet Type 100 Mbps
- Ethernet Video Streaming Yes
- Storage Media Built-in memory for internal storage
- Atmospheric transmission correction Automatic, based on inputs for distance, atmospheric temperature and relative humidity
- Bump 25 g (IEC 60068-2-29) / 2 g (IEC 60068-2-6)
- EMC EN 61000-6-2:2001 (Immunity) | EN 61000-6-3:2001 (Emission) | FCC 47 CFR Part 15 Class B (Emission) | EN 60945:2002 | EN60945 (Electromagnetic Compliance)
- Emissivity Correction Variable from 0.01 to 1.0
- Encapsulation IP67 (IEC 60529)
- Humidity (Operating and Storage) IEC 60068-2-30/24 h 95% relative humidity +25°C to +40°C (+77°F to +104°F)/ 2 cycles
- Ignition Protection EN 28845:1993
- Operating Temperature Range 0°C to +50°C (32°F to +122°F)
- Storage Temperature Range –40°C to +70°C (–40°F to +158°F) IEC 68-2-1 and IEC 68-2-2
- Vibration 2 g (IEC 60068-2-6); EN 60945:2002
IMAGING & OPTICAL
- Automatic Image Adjustment Continuous
- Built-in Digital Camera 640x480
- Color Palettes Color palettes (BW, BW inv, Iron, Rain)
- Digital Camera FOV Adapts to the IR lens
- Field of View 48° x 37°
- Focus Fixed
- Image Modes Thermal, Visual, MSX (IR-image with enhanced detail presentation)
- Image Streaming Formats Motion JPEG, MPEG, H.264
- Image Streaming Resolution 640x480
- IR Resolution 80x60 pixels
- Spectral Range 7.3-13µm
- Thermal Sensitivity/NETD <0.10°C @ +30°C (+86°F) / 100mK
MEASUREMENT & ANALYSIS
- Accuracy +/-2°C (+/-3.6°F) or +/-2% of reading (+10 to +100C@+10 to +35amb)
- Area 6 Boxes with max. / min. / average
- External Optics & Windows Correction Automatic, based on input of optics / window transmission and temperature
- Measurement Corrections Global Object Parameters
- Measurement Presets Yes
- Object Temperature Range -10°C to +150°C (14°F to 302°F)
- Optics Transmission Correction Automatic, based on signals from internal sensors
- Reflected apparent temperature correction Automatic, based on input of reflected temperature
- Set-up Commands Data / Time, Temperature °C/°F
- Spot Meter 6.0
- External Power Connector Type Screw Connection (12V/0V/Chassis)
- External Power Operation 12/24VDC, 2W continuously / 3.1W absolute max
- Voltage Allowed Range 9-36VDC
- Sensitivity Minimum 10 Lux without illuminator